Sunday, November 21, 2021

To all the men who have been towing the line

 To all who are weary 

To all the men who have been towing the line

the Lord says..."Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest".


To those men who have been prodding and  pulling like the ox yoked by itself, the season has come to stop towing that line. The numbing and busyness is no longer the escape it once was. The burden has you at a stand still, frozen in step.

I hear the Lord inviting you  to "take my yoke upon you and learn from me," That this is a season to look back and see what you have been pulling, to see the cart full of dead and useless things. The Lord is inviting you to unburden yourself with him, looking at what needs to be let go of and allowing him to carry the burdens. For so many years you have towed the line trying to carry the load for your families and others but now is the time to learn For" His yoke is easy and His burden is light.” Jesus is calling to you to come and follow him, to trust your weary soul to him. Abba daddy wants to hold all that you have silently been holding onto or inside you, the pain, the misunderstanding, the heaviness, all of it. 

 The work you are being invited into is just this "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment