Thursday, December 7, 2023

KWA writing assignment


 

KWA writing assignment

write from the perspective of John in exile or Paul waiting to die.

Dale Cupo

11/5/23

Beloved disciple

 

 

My Lord, what have I done? As I await sentencing for being a follower of the way, I ponder did I do enough? Will I have the wherewith all to proclaim you in the face of persecution? Lord my heart troubles me, I fear my weaknesses are so pervasive that I will crumble and give into fleshly fear.  My dear Jesus, I have known you as my refuge and strong tower, yet the doubts assail me. Have I been obedient to you and given witness to your goodness?  Help me to remember who you are and to be able to hear your voice. What is in your heart to say to those I will be leaving behind? Help me to hear your words and write them to leave a true legacy for your glory…

My beloved daughter write these words…

 I AM who I am, yet I am not far off from my children. My dear ones I ache to hold you and for you to know unequivocally you are worth it! To my church, my bride, do not grow weary though all seems shaky, and chaos seems to be swirling around you, this is my call to you. Look up. Turn the eyes of your heart to me and keep looking for me. I am here. Quiet your minds and lay down your idols. OH not those big looming wooden types but the secret tiny idols like family, security, fear, work and identity. These hinder my bride from truly surrendering to me. Listen well my dear ones I call you forth not in shame but into the expanse of my love. The choice is and always has been yours but, in these times ahead, I desire for you to be so anchored in my love and so I ask for that relinquishing.  I will not force you, but my hands are ready to receive that which binds you from grabbing hold of my love for you. I invite you my sweet ones to come away and invest your time in seeking me not in obtaining likes on social media. My heart breaks for those who doubt my love and for those who have yet to receive my gift of salvation. But even in this I am not laying a burden upon your shoulders but requesting you simply come to me, be my bride, my lover and allow me to show you how I move mountains to be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment