Tuesday, June 2, 2015

self discipline




Oswald chambers writes "don't' make food and drink the controlling factor of your life  but be focused absolutely on God."  


Ah but food is so intertwined into all we do. We work so we have money to feed ourselves. We gather, grow or buy food and then prepare it on a daily basis  day after day week after week. How can I not let food have some sway or control. Is it just a matter of will power or not even caring. If I am not mindful of what I eat then is excess then given place but then again self discipline sounds very confining and  brings to mind rules and legalism. Which is it to be?Carefree or controlled? Is there a compromise to be sought?
or as Mathew 6:33 says are we to  "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you." We are told not to worry about what we will wear or eat, that God knows what we need. So then we can release all need to control over to God....or can we ? My own struggles come as I bristle at rules yet my freedom comes when  I allow self discipline to find its way via trusting God will give me courage and control over those areas that I am weakest in and then daily choosing to walk it out.

1 comment:

  1. I can feel it as I read your post. The struggle, the muck. You penned it well! And I pray for both of us!

    ReplyDelete