Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Corn Challenged








 2018, another new year and chance for change. New mercies each day to be gathered and sometimes fresh hurdles to overcome. This season brings with it a different kind of obstacle. I have discovered that not only am I glutarded (gluten issues) I am corn Challenged.  I have a corn intolerance. Easy just avoid corn right?...NOT! Much to my dismay corn is invasive and  in much of what we eat and in too many forms to even list.(although a friend did send me a list with over 200 corn derivatives!) This seems to be sort of what I prayed for..cleaning up my eating but not so sure this is how I expected it to look...Eczema and rashes around my eyes and neck, chronic headaches and fatigue.. Fun! The good news is I am pretty sure that all that is from corn so now to become a detective. Did you know that many cheeses are dusted with corn starch,  citric acid is most often derived from corn as well as baking powder? ex off most canned goods.  And even white vinegar is polluted!  
This then will be a year with slowing down and looking closer at what goes in my mouth and hopefully equally important what comes out of it. My prayer is that it will, God willingly, be a year with increasing thankfulness for what I can eat and do have rather than what I cannot.


No comments:

Post a Comment