Wednesday, January 10, 2018

His choice of housing



Housing Gods’ spirit is a big job, and so far I’d give myself a solid D+ if grades were given for taking care of his  physical temple. But the good news is I have a built in life coach, if I so choose to listen and obey. The decision making and the info I need to live well is readily  available and so is the strength to follow through. BUT will I choose, can I over ride my habits of old, change course from the well worn path of poor choices? That is the question. Somewhere in the words penned long ago by the power of the spirit is the answers and so my strategy is to dig in and allow heavenly words to have their way and God willing not have my own way.


1 Corinthians 10:13 (MSG) No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (NIV)  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships,in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Isaiah 40:29 (NIV)He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20  Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,  for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Do you not know that you[a] are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?  If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

Romans 12:1-2  I appeal to you therefore, brothers,[a] by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.[b]  Do not be conformed to this world,[c]but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.[d]


No comments:

Post a Comment