Thursday, January 4, 2018

To Pause














To Pause, stop

1. To cease or suspend an action temporarily.
2. To hesitate:.
3. To linger; tarry
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved


I feel like this upcoming season The Lord is impressing upon me to learn to Pause… Wait and Ask. When the hamster wheel of my brain starts turning, or worrying or just plain old getting too busy, I am to pause and seek God. Similar to some behavioral learning techniques but the emphasis is to ask after pausing. Ask the God of the universe what he thinks or has to say on a particular matter. No, not an audible ask or answer but a deep within communication from spirit to God, a seeking to know Gods heart. The place where my own thoughts or worldly thoughts surrender to the Truth, the living word, the eternal one. The challenge comes in remembering the Pause part, as rushing in without thinking tends to be my specialty. This is also my plan when it comes to my food challenges, pause and ask first for direction in finding “safe” food and  then try not  to become overwhelmed. There is something peaceful in the words to pause, linger, to tarry, leaving me hopeful that in that space comes answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment