Monday, May 18, 2015

I Love you green, I love you pink, I love you blue.

I Love you green, I love you pink, I love you blue.




Many years ago I read a children’s book about a mom who loved her kid’s different colors. The point of the book was to help kids understand how we love differently but the same. My children have grown up with special titles that where whispered   into my heart for each of them. My Heart, My Joy and my Blessing.  Somehow though they have tried to twist those words proclaiming that “the heart is more important”, or “I don’t make you happy like your joy does?” Over again I would try to relay to them how each was unique and loved differently but equally using instead color terms such as I love you green, I love you pink and I love you blue. That back fired big time as they all knew my favorite color is green and so attributed it to the eldest as I named that color first. So needy are we, wanting to be reassured that we are wanted and loved and yet so precious each one of us is in our own hues together creating splashes of marvelous color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment