Thursday, December 3, 2015

Remain

 John 15:4 “Stay with me, and I am in you. Just as the branch cannot yield fruit by itself unless it remains on the vine, so neither do you unless you stay with me.”

1 John 2:24”So you must remain faithful to what you have been taught from the beginning. If you do, you will remain in fellowship with the Son and with the Father.

John 14:23 “Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”


Remain
“Remain in me”
Remain…how does one remain?
When daily the media barrage filling ones eye with everyone’s stuff.
Stuffing ourselves never feeling like its enough.
Words that are so dividing with ignorance of how they cut,
And news that is hard and yet difficult to touch?
How do you remain with pronouncements of faith that feel like someone is just looking to strut?
Remain focused on a God that seems so far away?
Remain as you go about your every day?
What does it mean to remain?
Is it to keep your eyes looking upward at the clouds?
To examine ancient texts and pray aloud?
Is it attending a weekly church meeting,
Or a bible study giving each other a holy greeting?
What is this abide? 
Is it waiting for something to occur?
Or perchance to sojourn right where you are?
This remaining, abiding, enduring...
Is it holding tight to the mooring of a religion from the past?
Why is this so difficult to grasp?
The understanding I have even as limited as it is,
Tells me again and again to remember that I am his.
The “meno” abide says that I am “rooted in Christ knit to him…”   
The word spelling out truth and clearing misinformation within,
The spirit giving wisdom, convicting sin.
This “remain and abide”…
Are To give words to describe
The posture of those who understand they are forgiven
Living it out in the circadian rhythm
To continually “stay fixed upon”,”watch for”,” “submit too”,"to dwell in and encamp”,"bear patiently in waiting"…
This abiding in the love of the Father, Spirit, Son
The only  real work to be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment