Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Leaneth Not

Leaneth Not…

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6.

 Yes of course I comprehend and know this is true. "Jesus' ways are higher...” etc.   Living this out though is challenging, especially when I am often not even able to see my own lack of understanding.  Translating head to heart knowledge is the trial. I can know something but do I really perceive the real essence or truth of what I think I know. I can ascertain that the loss of a phone is not important in the scheme of life.  I can praise God in spirit and know that it is “well with my soul” only to let my mind get sucked into the vortex of fret over submitting insurance claims, affidavits and trying to set up temporary phones. I can recognize that God is good no matter what but do I ginṓskō,( to know, especially through personal experience ) that he is truly good and that I can trust him with all things big and small. The battle ground is in the deepest parts of our hearts and brought forth via getting to know through experience that He is who He says He is and that he is trustworthy through the thick and the thin of life. 


1 comment:

  1. I have been trying to call you all day! ....jk! Love this post! You deep chick!

    ReplyDelete