Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Refueling

Refueling
Tonight I sat on  my bed just wanting to refuel. It was a busy day with no real quiet space. I had missed last week and had not gotten the new study guide so after dinner went off to my Tuesday night biblestudy. I came home socialized for a few quick minutes and wandered off to get into my comfy clothes and began to feel regret. Regret because I really did not want to go back downstairs and join the family. This had me momentarily perplexed you see as  I am still really discovering how much more on the introvert side of the  spectrum I am  on. I want to spend time with my family and enjoy them but this need to just be still pushed hard tonight. I understand  that we all need quiet time and that it is ok to take it but tonight it felt like an all out need to run for the hills and hide myself out. Even as I write this I am examining these thoughts. Are they selfish longings for "me time" or is it truly how I am wired. There is a need in all of us to refuel and as a Christian the "right answer" is that we fill up on Him. But what that might look like for each of us may differ. Is it singing songs of praise or going to a great bible study. Is it gathering with others praying, memorizing scriptures, serving others or just being still? I think today was about just being still.

No comments:

Post a Comment