Tuesday, March 31, 2015

More Words on Words

More Words on Words


Words are powerful. The power of the tongue is extolled in literature and in many passages of the bible. We have grown up to the sounds of “sticks and stones may break my bones etc.” only to watch in horror the after math of cyber bullying. There are many that have  grown up where words of affection were withheld and phrases like you are “stupid”,” no good”,   “lazy’ etc., abounded and can attest to the power those words have had on their lives. Most of us have been hit with words at some point and have felt the sting if not worse.  My belief is that there is One who has soul lifting words and is The living Word for us. WE are to use our voices and our words to uplift and encourage one another. The older I get the less I want to get involved in debates over politics and religion as it is a waste of my words. We are all so different with varying and sometimes diametrically opposed views but it does not make a person less valuable to be different. If I have been put down by another’s words do I now have license to mock and cut down? If we do not agree am I justified to use my words to denigrate ones character? The question I think is not about political views but will we honor one another and respect each other using our words to affirm the value of a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment